Shoemart Inc feasibility study
|Location:||Pasig City, Metro Manila|
|Scope overview:||conduct a feasibility study to recommended enhancements to the warehouse layout and operations|
|Facility:||32,000m2 Warehouse Facility|
Retail giant Shoemart Inc gains ground with Wiley study
Shoemart Inc. is the Philippines’ leader in the retail industry. For the last 50 years, it has been committed in providing quality products and services at reasonable prices and to meet the ever-changing needs of its customers in a responsible and responsive manner.
Shoemart Inc. approached Wiley to conduct a feasibility study of the company’s proposed 32,000m2 warehouse facility in Pasig City, Metro Manila.
The warehouse was to house two divisions – Appliance Centre and Homeworld.
Conducting a study that would identify:
- The most efficient layout and operation for a restricted site area and two-storey building configuration
- The appropriate technology for materials handling
- Optimal warehousing, receipting, pick, assembly and despatch over two storeys
- Necessary capital expenditure.
- A comprehensive review of the two existing warehouses and identification of improved procedures for the proposed warehouse
- A clear outline of the growth potential of the facility
- Floor plan layouts indicating storage areas and operation
- Detailed operating procedures to reduce errors and operating costs, to meet key performance indicators, and to improve product security from theft
- An architectural scheme for elevations considering two-storey building height.
A feasibility study that recommended enhancements to the warehouse layout and operations and a more cost-effective and efficient project result for Shoemart Inc.